Post-Congress Workshops (20 February 2020)
9:00 am - 12:00 pm Workshop C | Guiding Steps Toward Shutdown and Asset Life Extension for FPSOs
The number one challenge in the life extension of an FPSO is the broad and detailed shutdown procedures on hull and topside repairs. With so much to do, the question is can you execute this in within the shutdown timeframe and without increasing OPEX costs? Meeting the shutdown maintenance activities requires a holistic scope of work to meet the requirements of regulatory authorities and a proper dockside where the life extension can be carried out smoothly. In this hands-on workshop, you will get the chance to learn more about the key components required for the long-term health and viability of your vessel.
- Building a comprehensive Scope of Work to ensure proper hull structure, topsides and fabric maintenance
- Determining the obsolescence of key equipment to send for upgrading
- Developing strategies to meet regulatory environment standards and ensure vessel reliability
- Finding out the technical selection criteria for the best dry dock to meet your vessel requirements
Tiger GovenderDirector Terra Nova Operations
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Workshop D | Gearing Up for the Next Wave of Offshore Decommissioning
As many oil wells are nearing the end of their lives, decommissioning is ramping up globally. A key element of managing offshore assets lies in paving the way for efficient and systematic decommissioning right from the beginning from the designing stage. Innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions for decommissioning and demobilising floating assets are key to crossing the decommissioning cost hurdle.
- Assessing the viability of decommissioning and structural integrity of FPSO to be decommissioned
- Designing bespoke equipment for decommissioning operations
- Ensuring safe cleaning, decontamination of radioactive material of vessel for scrapping
Nils CohrsOil and Gas Operations Advisor (Previously Head of Decommissioning at Oil & Gas Authority UK)