Among the numerous changes Europe's FPSO market has had to consider or make in order to ensure long-term success, low-manned — and often, autonomous — FPSOs have been a hot topic. But what are the pros and cons of such projects and how conducive is the current climate for their deployment? Click to find out.
Redeployment has its challenges. Depending on different oil fields and their requirements, amendments to the vessels can be resource and time extensive, and this usually results in significant project delays and budget overruns. However when done right, redeployment certainly makes economic sense
- Characteristics that made redeployments successful
- Updates on redeployments in the market
- What industry leaders are saying
Exclusively for the FPSO Europe Congress 2019, Rystad Energy has released a report on the state of the FPSO industry. As the market stirs back to life after enduring a couple of years in virtual hibernation, this report looks at new projects for 2019-2021 and explores activities in both the North Sea and West Africa. Download the report to read more.
The financial challenges and technical risks remain high for marginal field development but FPSOs provide a viable solution. New technologies will be key to success in addition to securing lower cost expenditures. In this ebook we explore:
- How we mitigate the potential technical risks
- The viability of FPSOS as a solution
- Current examples of FPSOs remodeled for marginal fields
- Why FPSO relocations are a smart move for marginal field development
- Insight from industry thought leaders
Click here to read more.