Pre-Congress: FPSO China Focus Day - Monday, 9th September 2019
9:30 am - 9:40 am Chairman’s Opening Remarks
9:40 am - 10:20 am Analysing What Fluctuating Oil Prices Mean for Global Projects and the Viability of Project Execution in China
- Providing a comprehensive update of the oil price forecast for 2019 and beyond- What does this mean for future local and international FPSO projects?
- Analysing risk vs. reward in executing projects out of China: Can projects executed in China further reduce breakeven prices for projects?
- Assessing recent government-driven initiatives to improve Chinese competitiveness in the offshore oil and gas sector
10:20 am - 11:00 am Embracing the Rise of China: The FPSO Operators’ View on Successful Project Execution
- Cutting through the hype - Why China and is flexible financing the only advantage?
- Avoiding pitfalls when executing projects in China- Project leadership, local expertise and IP protection
- Are Chinese yards able to take on more complex FPSO design and construction?
11:00 am - 11:30 am MORNING REFRESHMENT
4 Topics | 2 Rotations | 45 Minutes Each
INTERACTIVE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Roundtable A11:30 am - 12:40 pm Understanding and Harnessing Local Content and Talent to Effectively Execute Projects in China
Roundtable B11:30 am - 12:40 pm Achieving Overall Project Cost Savings when Executing Projects in China- What You Need to Know and Avoid
Roundtable C11:30 am - 12:40 pm Benchmarking Local Contracts, Financing Risk Calculations and Project Execution Standards against International Standards
Roundtable D11:30 am - 12:40 pm Managing Risks when Financing Your FPSO Project: Perception vs. Reality
In this highly interactive segment, delegates will have the opportunity to discuss challenges, risks and benefits of FPSO project execution in China. Each delegate will start at the first topic of their choice and engage in free-flowing discussion, led by a topic leader. At the end of 45 minutes, they will proceed to the next table to discuss their second
topic of choice. In total, there will be 2 rotations of 45 minutes each, with the segment lasting for a total duration of 1.5 hours. All discussions will take place concurrently.
12:40 pm - 1:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:30 pm - 2:10 pm Analysing Lessons Learnt from FPSO Project Execution in China
- Understanding critical elements needed to make a project work successfully
- Navigating key local content challenges, cultural difficulties and political risks
- Working collaboratively with Chinese stakeholders for a success project execution
2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Project Financier’s Panel: Making the Economics Work for FPSO Projects and Contracts in China
- Is the reward worth the potential risks in the light of rising costs in China?
- What FPSO operators need to know when considering alternate funding and contracts for projects
- Do the economics stack up? Balancing higher quantum loans against higher interests rate
2:50 pm - 3:30 pm Driving Down FPSO Construction Costs by Going Back to Basics
- Capturing international markets for offshore production units by focusing on FPSO construction strengths
- Reducing costs through achieving economies of scale in standardisation
- Forming strategic collaboration to drive down costs and accelerate project delivery schedules