Kanishk Baswan is a Lessons Learned Manager with BW Offshore. BW Offshore builds and operates FPSO’s globally. In his present role he is responsible for investigating the highest level of incidents in the organisation and share learnings from with the organisation and wider industry. The nature of incidents comprises of Personal safety – injuries, Process safety – loss of containments and High loss of revenue – Equipment damages, production loss etc. He is also responsible for managing the incident investigation process of the company and ensuring the quality of root cause analysis for investigations done by HSE Managers worldwide is good.
He has more than 10 years of international HSE onshore experience across various roles in Continuous Improvement, Assurance Process, Management System implementation and Incident Investigation. Prior to this Kanishk has spent 10 years sailing as a Marine Officer in junior and senior roles.
• Created Root Cause Analysis (RCA form) for conducting (Low) & (Med) level incidents
• SME (subject matter expert) for BSCAT (Barrier based Investigation methodology) for conducting highest level of investigations.
• SME (subject matter expert) for TapRoot (Root cause investigation methodology) for conducting highest level of investigations.
• Transitioned the organisation to get certified to the new ISO 9001 & 14001:2015 standards.
• Rolled campaigns and created e-learnings on health and safety subjects.
• Coaching workforce on H&S subjects, esp. incident investigation.